We’ve narrowed down Jasmine’s food allergies. She’s allergic to dairy and soy, two things that are really hard to avoid here in the States, but will not be at all hard to avoid in Freetown. Everything has a way of working out.
I’ve also figured out a blogging schedule. That is, I’ve figured out where I’m going to find time to blog, and it is getting up ass early in the morning, feeding the baby twice while I get ready for work, then heading into FSI two hours before class starts so that I can get a few minutes at a computer to check stuff off my TODO list.
Food and fitness wise, nothing extraordinary is going on. That changes today! It is the first day of a new month, and I’m determined to do a better job of moving towards my 2012 goals in February than I did in January.
This month’s goals:
- One SVO post per week
- Write something (anything!) here on HMNTI every weekday that I’m not travelling
- Track my food on all days that I’m not travelling
- Walk 10k steps per day. Especially on the days that I’m travelling.
Happy February, everyone!
Happy New Year! I have been utterly consumed by friends and family over the last few days. It has been wonderful! Also wonderful, I finally got a chance to sit down and answer emails yesterday. If Baby J sleeps for a few more hours this morning, I’ll do the same today.
Yes, it’s a major accomplishment for me to get caught up on email. Don’t hate.
I’m also getting started on my New Year’s resolutions (or goals). I don’t even remember what my resolutions were last year. I wrote weekly goal posts on HMNIT, but they quickly went by the wayside as life got busy.
This year, I’m keeping it simple.
Fitness: Run a half marathon.
Finances: Save $10,000.
Life: Forgive more easily. Perform one deliberate act of kindness each day.
I’ll be be checking back in once a month to see how I’m doing. Indeed.
I haven’t been blogging about my food or taking pictures. There are a lot of excellent reasons:
- I am working two jobs and they are keeping me hopping.
- I can’t take my camera to work and so no pictures of snacks or lunch in our shiny new cafeteria.
- It’s hard to talk about cutting calories when I have 2 liters of beer every Saturday at Happy Hour.
- I am not eating healthily and am embarrassed.
- My weight loss has stalled (reversed!) and I am embarrassed.
- The streams crossed and a lot of folks from my professional blog made it over. You guessed it. I’m embarrassed.
Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.
But it’s not just the food. It’s blogging. And meticulously tracking my finances. Keeping up with email. And laundry. And writing. And anything that’s not work and coding and worrying about Benin’s upcoming elections.
This has got to stop.
I’m going to start small. It’s a three day weekend. I’m going to exercise three times. I’m going to plan 3 days worth of meals. I’m going to have just one beer at Happy Hour. I’m going to track everything I spend for 3 days. I’m going to get caught up on email and laundry.
And that’s it. I’m not thinking about anything after this weekend because it’s just too damn overwhelming right now.