Hiking Nahal Tse’Elim in the Negev

1. Ahhh looks so beautiful! I love hikes. I would also probably go with the slow group…:)

2. Josie says:

This looks absolutely stunning! I am hoping to get to Israel in the next year or so, I will have to put this on my list of things to see.

3. That panoramic shot at the end is stunning! A 7 KM hike sounds relatively manageable – I’d probably go with the slow group too!

4. Claire says:

Oh yes, I’m always with the slow group too! I prefer to take my time, and enjoy the views along the way! I’d really like to visit Jerusalem, it looks beautiful!

5. I love hiking. I would also prefer going with the slow group.
    Amazing shots!

6. jessica says:

Hiking isn’t something that immediately comes to mind when I think of trips to Israel. The photos are beautiful though! What was the weather like for the hike?

7. Lovely! What tremendous scenery. I got to see the Dead Sea from the Jordanian side just a few months ago and found it to be incredible. Hope the weather was bearable on your hike, it was definitely warm on our trip!

8. Rimsha says:

These shots are so beautiful! I like to think I love hiking but my stamina is so low I always give up towards the end. Had so much fun reading about your experience :)

9. Robyn says:

Your photos look beautiful. I love blog posts that use plenty of photos so you can feel like you can experience the place more. Thank you for sharing :)

10. Violeta says:

The landscape looks impressive! I had no idea hiking in Israel would be such a cool experience. Would you say hiking solo is safe or it would be better to join a group?
    Violeta recently posted: What a Mud Volcano Can Do for Your Travel PhotosMy Profile

11. Maria says:

I really liked Negev when I visited Israel years ago. Its really beautiful and you are lucky to have a chance to hike there. Amazing pictures, thanks for sharing!

12. Penny says:

My hubby loves to hike but I always tend to hold him back because I am over cautious and a tad bit scared of heights (That would be an understatement). The views here are gorgeous and I have always wanted to see the Dead sea. I never knew that there was hiking nearby. Was the hike easy?

13. Ioanna says:

I am glad that this time it went better, Theresa! I absolutely loved hiking the Negev and hope to get back there one day! The desert is just absolutely mesmerizing… and your photos show it!

I wait for more hikes around Israel from you! :)

Ioanna (A Woman Afoot)
    Ioanna recently posted: The New Jewish Cemetery in Prague: Not Just Kafka’s GraveMy Profile

14. Bonnita says:

The photos are nice! The rocky terrain though… I wish we had a close up pic of dead sea.nice post!

15. Naomi says:

It looks like a great hike to restore confidence. I’d love to find my confidence again after my failed hiking adventure but it seems to get worst and worst. Glad you got you mojo back!

16. Aubrie says:

Loved reading this because I love hiking and this gave me a new destination to look into!

17. Punita says:

What an unusual example of nature’s innovative topography! To be honest, I have never heard of this area earlier. Jerusalem is suddenly rising in importance as a travel destination…

18. Anita says:

I think it’s so important to do what you like and you showed a great example of that. It looks like a great trek. Thanks for sharing.
    Anita recently posted: Penny says:My Profile

19. Harsh says:

Negev hike sure seems like something. I love the pictures of the rocky terrains and it sure is something of my interest.

20. Nate says:

WOW! I think Israel is a nice place for next destination. Thanks for sharing your travel adventure Theresa.