Machu Picchu

1. Nanou says:

Great photos and nice views! I loved Machu Picchu! We slept in Aguas Calientes and woke up at 4.45am to start the hike up to MP. We got there at the very beginning and enjoyed wandering around with the sunrise and before the tourist groups arrived. It was great :) Did you do Huayna Picchu too? We couldn’t get a permit…

• Theresa says:

We did not. We couldn’t get a permit. However, the day ended up being just about perfectly timed without one. I can’t imagine adding on an additional couple hours of hiking on, although people manage to do it!

2. jiselle says:

awesome pics made me feel as though I was actually there! You guys must be really fit though! those hills!

3. Cindy Quiala says:

Great post, and what amazing pictures. Thank you for all the information.

4. What a wonderful experience. It’s on my bucket list to head there someday. Glad to see you were able to do it :)

5. Adam says:

Machu Picchu is on my Bucket List , happy to see people go there and have such a beautiful trip and photos
    Adam recently posted: Breaking the Writer’s Block: Tips for creating original content that shines!My Profile

6. dorina abrudan says:

Definitely, on my bucket list…

7. Diana says:

Awesome photos, Macchu Picchu is definitely one on my bucket list. I hope you enjoyed the trek and the views :)

Cheers, Diana | http://www.footloosegirl.com

8. Annissa says:

I would love to visit Machu Picchu sometime. It looks like you had a great visit. Your pictures are beautiful! I had no idea the lines were that long. I guess it’s on a lot of bucket lists!

9. Jenni Petrey says:

This is one of my dream destinations to visit. I love your photos!

10. Laura says:

Stunning photos! Unfortunately, I couldn’t see Machu Picchu when I was in Peru because it was too risky with my asthma – the high altitude’s not for everyone. Looks like a beautiful place.

11. Dominique says:

My visit to Machu Picchu truly was magical. I cried when I got there, I was so overwhelmed by how magical it was. I loved everything about Peru and can’t wait to get back.

Looks like you had a truly great visit!

12. Shem says:

This certainly looks like a once-in-a-lifetime experience and it’s something that I have always wanted to do! I also was not aware of the line, so great to know this!

13. Clare says:

I love Machu Picchu it is my favourite place in the world!! I have visited 3 times and will be back there in january for a 4th visit!! I have done various hikes to get there, Inca Trail, Inca Jungle, Choquequirao to Machu Picchu and it still takes my breath away and makes me smile when I get there. I have done Huayna Picchu twice but haven’t tried Machu Picchu mountain yet, maybe that will be for my trip in January. It’s an amazing place and am glad you enjoyed your time there :-)