Inca Ruins, Ollantaytambo

1. Clare says:

I have been to Ollantaytambo several times but never made it to Pinkuylluna ruins. I think next time I am in Peru, I will get the bus, stay a couple of nights and hike up to these. I have seen them and wanted to visit but never been there long enough!!

• Theresa says:

You definitely should! It’s a nice afternoon hike, challenging for someone like me, but probably less so for experienced hikers. The views were beautiful! And the only other people out on the trail were intrepid hikers like myself, so it was a welcome bit of quiet during an otherwise hectic trip.

2. Monika says:

I’ve missed the ruins when I was in Peru – I decided I’ve already had too much history and I’d better stop before I was too fed up with it.
    Sometimes I regret not going there, but… you never know where you might go back.

• Theresa says:

They were really amazing, but if you’ve only got one day in the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu is definitely the thing to see!

3. Elena Nemets says:

I like these Peruvian colorful clothes!

4. Paul says:

I’ve never heard of this place before but it looks like an incredible place to visit. Great effort for hiking all that way and it certainly looks worth the effort!
    Paul recently posted: How to survive the dreaded night bus! A necessary evil when backpacking!My Profile

• Theresa says:

It was really amazing, and definitely an underrated spot. Spending a few days in the Sacred Valley is 100% worth it!

5. Carol Colborn says:

I have never heard of these places (never been to South America) but this sure adds to the mystique of Peru. It might be the first country we will try in that continent.

6. Jing says:

Thanks for sharing your experience. Those were beautiful landscapes and beautiful people! Makes me want to go there, too!

7. Nathan says:

Nice! This looks like and awesome but exhaustive hike. I’m hoping to visit Peru next year. I hear the food is amazing!

8. Absolutely beautiful photos! This is definitely on my bucket list. What a beautiful part of the world, thanks for sharing :)
    Carmen’s Luxury Travel recently posted: Cesky Krumlov Castle and it’s Historical TownMy Profile

9. Haha, ‘only’ a quarter of a wheel of cheese! That lunch of grilled alpaca and potatoes looks yummy! Perfect for getting energy up again! I’d love to do the Machu Picchu, so when I do I’ll definitely check out Ollantaytambo Ruins too!
    Rachel Pearson recently posted: Acacia Farm Lodge – Safari Lodge ReviewMy Profile

10. Love the ruins of this area, very rustic. Loving the surrounding scenery as well. Great post :) Safe travels :)

11. Ah, Peru! I’ve always wanted to go – it looks like such a gorgeous place! Love the scenery and the street food! :)
    Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures recently posted: 7 Tips on How to Visit Rome on a BudgetMy Profile

12. I have been to Ollantaytambo on the way to Machu Picchu. To bad that I missed that.

13. Mike says:

Wow this looks really cool! I’d only ever heard of Machu Pichu before but Ollantaytambo looks like a great place to stop along the way. Wonderful photos by the way! That food looks pretty good. I’m sure I’d have enjoyed the potatoes and grilled alpaca too!

14. I’ve never been in Peru before and this gives me an idea to go there. Your experiences are a very great story to share. ❤️ Btw, all your photos are great as well.