Exploring the Sacred Valley in Peru

1. This is now on my bucket list.

2. Beautiful, and glad the cocoa tea helped with your headache :)

3. Amy says:

This is an adventure near the top of our list. Altitude sickness is something that worries me, so crossing my fingers and glad you got feeling better. Such spectacular scenery!

4. Gokul Raj says:

Peru is always on my bucket list. Salinas looks amazing.

5. Lori says:

This looks like a great trip! I’d love to see the statue of Jesus up close, and Moray looks stunning! I wouldn’t miss Salinas either (I visited a salt mine / salina in Romania and I loved it!).
    Lori recently posted: Top destinations for 2017 recommended by travel bloggers (1)My Profile

6. Julian says:

Looks impressive! Definitely on the list when we do our South America trip. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Julian recently posted: Lessons Learned from Traveling as a CoupleMy Profile

7. Danielle says:

Making me jealous! I’ve now been to Peru twice and not made it to the Sacred Valley – third time’s a charm?

8. Lovely pictures! Cuzco (and Peru in general) has been on my list of places I need to visit for quite a while now – fingers crossed I can go next year. :)
    Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures recently posted: 7 Tips on How to Visit Rome on a BudgetMy Profile

9. Did you visited these places during 1 day? The statue of Jesus looks a bit too small :D I thought it would be much bigger :D
    Ria (@lifeinbigtent) recently posted: Vietnam visa on arrival – easier way to enter VietnamMy Profile

• Theresa says:

Yes, all in one day. We rented a car and guide in Cuzco, then drove from site to site until we reached our hostel in the evening. It was a really full day, but amazing too!

10. The markets in Pisca look like a lot of fun to do some shopping! Wouldn’t mind a trip to Peru someday! It would be interesting to learn more history about the Sacred Valley, the photos are very lovely, I like the ones at Moray!

11. omar says:

Very beautiful pictures! On my bucketlist.

12. Kerri says:

I loved the Sacred Valley. We had a personalised/private tour from Cusco through the valley, to Ollantaytambo and then onto MAchu Pichu. Loved every minute of it. Loved the Pisac markets !!!!

13. Susan says:

There is so much to explore in Peru! I have never been to the Sacred Valley, but the geography looks spectacular.

14. I made a stop to Peru once but didn’t have much time to explore the sacred valley. Everything looks amazing there though.. Would love to go back one day and explore more!

15. I love visiting the local markets when I travel to new places! Really wish coca tea wasn’t banned here in the U.S. Thanks for sharing the tidbit about the Incan agriculture practices from years past – very interesting!

16. Holly says:

I wasn’t aware they had their own big Jesus statue. Very cool. Love the views.

17. eve says:

Absolutely stunning! We never had the chance to visit the sacred valley while in Chile- just Lima for a long weekend. I hope we can return at some point. These are such beautiful photos! Seems like Cusco alone is worth the return visit.

18. priya says:

Beautiful pictures, would love to visit Peru and the sacred valley. The market in Pisca looks so colorful