Seven Ways to Keep Life Balanced while Raising Expat Kids

1. Jodi says:

Thanks for linking to my blog Theresa. How cool to find yours! Best wishes on your continued worldwide adventures!
    Jodi recently posted: My Tana KitchenMy Profile

2. Kids are so adaptable, so it’s great that you’re showing them that there are so many different “normals”. We try not to buy “stuff” too, because it just clutters everything up and they don’t appreciate it. Great tips!
    Stefani @ Crafty Christian recently posted: Maple Glazed Butternut Squash Bread {Recipe}My Profile

3. This is a great idea! I think you’re on the right path with raising your girls.

4. I’m an expat kid – now in my 30’s with my own kids. I think I turned out pretty great! ;) The one thing I appreciate most about how I was raised was all of the different people and cultures I was exposed to. Totally shaped my worldview and values.
    Erin @ Stay at Home Yogi recently posted: Baby It’s Cold Outside! | A Winter Workout Gear WishlistMy Profile

5. Briana says:

The best part about kids (especially at that age) is that they easily adapt. They’re a lot more flexible than we are as adults. And I think this is a really great experience for them. Of course some sacrifices had to be made, but I think these experiences will make them very well-rounded. You also shared some very great tips! Best of wishes to you and your family. :)

6. It sounds like you covered all the basis, really I think that is all we are trying to teach our children. I think it’s amazing to be able to travel .

7. Elizabeth says:

Strawberries are the best candy ever! While I can’t relate to the expat I can relate to the lessons.

8. Georgiana says:

Omgoodness…can I just admit I’m a little jealous? I’d LOVE to offer my kids that kind of world/cultural experience. Sounds like a wonderful life.

9. Your daughters are very lucky to be able to have these experiences young that many people will never experience. You have some wonderful tips that every parent benefit from.

10. Shann Eva says:

I love this! Especially the part about wanting your girls to be each other’s best friends. I think you and your husband are doing an awesome job, and all the ideas you’ve come up with are going to help your daughters immensely.
    Shann Eva recently posted: Sleep: 4 things I’ve been doing insteadMy Profile

11. Lacey says:

These are excellent things to make sure your kiddos are doing. Great post!

12. This is very interesting to me, as our situations are sounding quite similar! We too are raising our kids abroad, and they are young like yours..just 2 and 4. We too, pride ourselves in them saying please and thank you in the appropriate language ALWAYS. We rarely buy toys as well, and we are obsessed with books! The best choice we have made in keeping life balanced, is to let go of the time constraints of our previous life. We go with flow, let things go, and enjoy spontaneity. We have learned from the locals, that the best life is lead in lieu of schedules and deadlines. We have gained so much peace from letting go of bed times, meal times, work times, etc. Each change every day to mold around the events of LIFE rather than the other way around. It is a beautiful concept to discover.

13. Shahira says:

I grew up as an expat kid and now raising my child as an expat. I find only.positives in expat parenting though some negatives like missing family occasion, and value of roots.
    Shahira recently posted: Minimalist guide to new born baby essentials shopping + FREE printableMy Profile