On going out for drinks. Anywhere. Ever.
I love Happy Hour with expats and Peace Corps Volunteers. But every fucking Saturday, the check is a fucking hassle. Ridiculous!
Dear everyone in the world who will have to share a check with someone sometime during your life (expats, volunteers, and muggles alike),
Here are some rules for going out for drinks or food:
- You cannot pay just the price of your meal. You must leave a tip.
- If we get communal drinks (pitchers) and you partake, you are obligated to share the cost of the picture evenly. You cannot just pay for what you drank.
- Pay attention when we are working out the check. If things come up short, don’t sit back and smugly think, “I paid what I owe.” Pitch in some CFA.
- If someone buys food for you, you do not have to pay for it. But you are not exempt from rules 1-3.
- If you leave before we ask for the check, leave a bit extra, just in case (See #1 & #2).
Follow these rules or I will hate you. And so will everyone you go out with.