I haven’t been blogging about my food or taking pictures. There are a lot of excellent reasons:
- I am working two jobs and they are keeping me hopping.
- I can’t take my camera to work and so no pictures of snacks or lunch in our shiny new cafeteria.
- It’s hard to talk about cutting calories when I have 2 liters of beer every Saturday at Happy Hour.
- I am not eating healthily and am embarrassed.
- My weight loss has stalled (reversed!) and I am embarrassed.
- The streams crossed and a lot of folks from my professional blog made it over. You guessed it. I’m embarrassed.
Sounds like a lot of excuses to me.
But it’s not just the food. It’s blogging. And meticulously tracking my finances. Keeping up with email. And laundry. And writing. And anything that’s not work and coding and worrying about Benin’s upcoming elections.
This has got to stop.
I’m going to start small. It’s a three day weekend. I’m going to exercise three times. I’m going to plan 3 days worth of meals. I’m going to have just one beer at Happy Hour. I’m going to track everything I spend for 3 days. I’m going to get caught up on email and laundry.
And that’s it. I’m not thinking about anything after this weekend because it’s just too damn overwhelming right now.