Weekday breakfasts are hard. My standby is overnight oats. Mix rolled oats, milk, bananas, and brown sugar together the night before, throw a tupperware in my bag on the way out the door, and snack on delicious cold oatmeal around 9am when the hectic morning finally calms down.
Weekends, however, are another matter entirely.
Fried eggs over spinach and leeks
- Sauté a few leeks and garlic cloves with a very small amount of delicious butter in a non-stick pan.
- Throw in a couple of big handfuls of chopped spinach, cook until wilted.
- Dump pan out onto plate, making sure to arrange the greens artistically.
- Add another very small bit of butter to the pan before frying two eggs over easy. The yolks should be runny.
- Dump pan out onto previously plated greens.
- Break yolks.
- NOM NOM NOM.
250 calories. Life is delicious.